Friedman Construction is a licensed, certified and insured roof replacement company serving north Georgia residents. We live and work in the areas we service, our community is important to us. We are dedicated to providing quality, professional roofing services and our technicians are polite and courteous. A new roof is a big investment for your residential home and we take care to walk you through and explain ever step as well as sit down and discuss your options to ensure you get the best roof at the best price. Our process is designed to be as trouble free and as non invasive as a roof replacement project can be. While replacing a roof is going to be major construction for any residential home, the Friedman Construction team works hard to make it as easy as we can on you and takes every care not to disrupt your home or lifestyle.
Friedman Construction is an Owens-Corning Preferred Contractor. This is important to you as a homeowner since it means that we meet Owens-Corning strict guidelines for workmanship, professionalism, quality of products and quality control. Owens-Corning has enough faith in our work that they offer an extended warranty on roofing materials to homes which have used their Preferred Contractors. This extended warranty is transferable should you sell your house. Owens-Corning Preferred Contractors are required to:
- Carry all required state and local licenses
- Hold at least $1,000,000 in general liability insurance
- In good standing with the Better Business Bureau
- Up to date latest industry standards and technology
- Certified to offer our extended Roofing System Limited Warranties that provide up to a lifetime of workmanship coverage (see: Roofing Warranty)
Once your roof has been inspected and you have decided that roof replacement is necessary, the Friedman Construction roofing team will begin the process. We take care to cover and protect your landscaping and surrounding structures to protect your property from damage. An overview of the steps involved in roof replacement:
1. The Friedman Construction team will cover your valuable landscaping, nearby structures and protect your property.
2. We will then begin to physically remove existing shingles from your roof. We bring in a dumpster to throw away old roofing materials. Your old shingles will be sent to a recycling center to be used in building asphalt roads. Friedman Construction is a green company. Our roofers will take care not to cause damage when throwing the old shingles off of the roof to the dumpster below.
3. The surface of your roofing deck is thoroughly cleaned. We call this a Fresh Start. Friedman Construction does not lay new roofing over old materials.
4. Our roofers will conduct a sweep of the yard and lower area to clean up and remove any heavy debris.
5. The roof replacement process begins with the installation of your new roof. Friedman Construction roofers will inspect the roof deck, underlying wood and replace where needed, as well as patch any holes or leaks.
6. Ice and Water Barrier is installed along valleys and any areas which are susceptible to leaks.
7. An underlayment is laid down over the roof wood and decking.
8. Friedman Construction complies with 2014 building code which requires a drip edge to be installed with a roof replacement. This drip edge is along your gutters and rakes and designed to protect the gutters and fascia.
9. Shingles are laid down with extra care to ensure that they are installed straight and even. We run chalk lines on all of our roof replacement jobs to make certain your new roof is even and has curb appeal.
10. New ridge vents are used for every roof replacement project. After the shingles are installed, ridge vents are added and ridge cap is installed over the vents.
11. The Friedman construction roofers carefully go over your new roofing system with sealant to seal any penetration spots such as pipe boots and along HVAC vents.
12. The Friedman Construction roofers then completely clean the roof and surrounding area. Landscape protection is removed, old roofing materials and debris are picked up.
13. With any roof replacement and removal of an old roofing system, thousands of nails have been removed from your old roof. The Friedman Construction team will go over the lawn and surrounding area 5-7 times with magnetic roller to collect as many nails as possible which may have fallen.
14. We require a Certificate of Completion which meets the homeowners satisfaction. You will inspect the roof replacement work with your Friedman Construction consultant. No roof replacement job is complete until the homeowner is satisfied with the quality and appearance of the work.